Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Introduction

Hi,
Welcome to what is soon to be my movie review blog. I am mostly a horror movie fan, so I can predict that will be the genre that is represented most often. However, I do branch out and watch films from every genre. I will be posting about whatever I watch and I'm not shy about sharing my opinions. I will rate all films on a scale from 1 - 10: 1 being abysmal/awful, and 10 being a masterpiece. (Obviously, 10s are rare - even my favorite films don't earn them.) I will probably include all films in a series in a single post - all that are currently available, anyway. Any sequels that come out after the post is published will have their very own post. Comparison blogs between original films and remakes will be fairly common as well.

Also, I have no problem including TV series in this blog - those posts will be similar to the movie series posts - with individual reviews of each season under one heading.

A head's up on my personal tastes and preferences:
- I prefer horror/sci-fi/thrillers to about anything.
- I'm not a big fan of sappy romances / tearjerkers.
- I'm very picky about my comedies.
- I prefer older films to modern in most cases. Especially when it comes to horror.
- I'm really tough on remakes, especially ones I deemed unnecessary. (aka: most of them.)
- I'm also pretty tough on movies aimed at the teen audience.

I love intelligent, constructive feedback. Comments are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment